Saturday, July 13, 2013

Raspberry Pie Disaster

I love to create things...and sometimes it works to my favor.....like in the classroom.  In the kitchen, not so much. 

Mom and I went raspberry picking and had enough for a pie.  I love my apple pie crust recipe but didn't know how to manipulate it for raspberries.  And with my amazing sister gone I was on my own to figure it out.....thank goodness I'm young...because it may take many years to figure it out since I don't know where to pick raspberries in Texas. 

At least the pictures turned out pretty.  And since only three of us had to taste the messed up attempt; hopefully the rest of you can enjoy the photos and use your imagination to make it taste good in your head.
Plentiful berries...can't believe this is the last week.

My sister would have filled the bucket.

Looked great from the outside!

With some whipped cream?

Or ice cream?
So we cleaned out the pie filling and tossed out the crust; which mom had to use a hammer and chisel to get it out of the pan.  And I'll continue to do more research on creative ways to use raspberry pie filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment