Friday, July 19, 2013

5 Mile Nature Hike (North Trail)...Part 5

Woke up bright and early.  Ate breakfast on the beach and took another long walk.....didn't remember the camera.  Got back and it was time to get ready and pack up my things.  I pulled out the park brochure and realized there were a couple hikes to a lookout point.  And at the lookout point there was a camera icon....well enough said!  I was packed in record time and driving to the day parking lot to start my new adventure!


North Trail; 2.4 Miles (didn't know before I started) Moderate to Extreme Hiking Level.

At the beginning of the trail...not knowing...looking at my destination point.


Strangest tree formations along the way.

Sunlight was perfect for taking pictures.

In the far distance, you can see the rock formations from my beach pictures the day before.

There is my campsite!

Mother Nature making her own tree planter box.


After these pictures; the hike became very difficult...especially since I really haven't been to the gym since my surgery.  I did pass one family and the father was shocked that I was hiking alone.  It did give me something to think about as I finished the trail.  I couldn't imagine missing all this beauty because I'm single.  I told the man that I had a cell phone.....feeling a little guilty, full knowing, that my battery was dead. (Sorry to my co-workers if they are reading this....they are going to cringe if they find out.)

No comments:

Post a Comment