Friday, July 19, 2013

5 Mile Nature Hike (Cape Trail)...Part 6

The North Trail ended very anticlimactic.....a parking lot.  After all that, to realize that I could have driven to the next trail; well I had mixed emotions.  I was tired and hungry but I had to persevere for the 'photo of a lifetime'.  Luckily this trail was Easy to Moderate.  Half way through I was ready to turn back until one hiker told me that I would regret not finishing....and he was right.

Cape Trail; 2.3 miles.....easy to moderate (and a bit muddy)

Views spectacular!



Made it!


I made to the lookout in 2 hours.....but was dreading the hike back.  My legs ached and I was hungry.  I did meet a senior citizen couple at the lookout who had done both trails as well.  And that was good motivation to get me back....if they could do it...then I should certainly be able to.  One nice man at the lookout said he would give me a ride back to my car....tempting...but pride got in the way.  No way was a senior citizen couple going to attempt the hike back while I cheated back to my car.  LOL
North trail...we meet again!

Made it back to the parking lot....to see the lookout again from a distance.


Got to my car...a total of 4 hours.  So glad I had food waiting for me!  I should have had lunch on the beach but all I could think about was getting home to take a bath.  Rush hour traffic wasn't all that bad and I made it home in time for dinner.  

Mt. Hood on my way back home.
This is definitely a trip worth being a new summer tradition.  And once I can move my muscles again, maybe I'll try a different West Coast state park....let the research begin.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun adventure! This looks like an amazing place I definitely want to visit on one of our Oregon trips!

    ReplyDelete