Monday, July 29, 2013

Another beach trip

A couple at my church gave me a special map that had more detail to roads, campsites, and hiking trails.  As I was searching for my next big adventure I saw what I wanted to do....and there was no going back...the largest sea lion cave in the world.  On this trip I was not able to reserve a campsite so I left early in the morning to see what I could find.  On the way to the beach and in the mountains I started getting nervous when I came upon this smoke......unfortunately, it was fog that hung around the ocean waters the entire time I was there....

.....however, should be happy no one started a forest fire.

As I was driving I saw many different beaches...wish I would have stopped on this first day....there was even more fog on day two....but I was nervous that I wasn't going to find a campsite.


You can see the weird weather as I drove along the coast.



This was an amazing place with really neat tide pools.


The couple that lent me the map told me about a campsite where they camped right next to the beach...I didn't see it on the map so my heart leaped out of my chest with excitement when I passed a sign for the campsite...the most amazing place.....the waves really tried their best to take away the stress of a rash across my entire body and figuring out how to fix my hallway ceiling that had collapsed.....it was just too much competition for them.
Cute path to the site.

Next to a 15 foot drop to the sand and waves below.

Best Hamburger!


Of course...had to roast marshmallows!

I walked on the beach after dinner, since I had just eaten two days worth of calories with the hamburger and fry basket that was to die for.  I was hoping for a bit of a sunset...but the fog/clouds took over.  The sun did try it's hardest to come out for a little bit but I was glad for my winter wear!  Funny, middle of summer and we were all on the beach in our down jackets, scarves, hats, and gloves, with frozen tears down our faces.

There's my tent!!!  That close!



Weird...blue skies on one side and cloudy on the other.

All bundled up...should have brought the allergy yellow pills.

Red hot for breakfast....warmer in my spot than on the beach.

Sat and read until it was check out time...with the wool blanket.

CRAZY GIRLS!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment