Monday, July 1, 2013

Days of Summer

Growing up a special treat was always visiting my grandfather's sister.  Aunt J. bought me my first Barbie (even though I wasn't allowed to have one), always took us out to eat at Friendly's for ice cream, and faithfully bought us the best Linzer tarts ever ( she had to drive out of her way to buy them).  A special day with Aunt J. (in my mind) meant we were going to have her undivided attention and a day to get spoiled.  So there are high standards to meet (in my mind) when I hear the words "Tía's coming to visit". 
Showing off her swimming skills.
PB&J...still the best lunch ever!
Messing around with Daddy.
Spending some sister quality time while watching the kids.
Both wearing heels....
On the way to the park.
Stopped to get some ice cream...with sprinkles!
An ice cream cone bigger than the size of his head!
Beautiful girl
Excited boy
Mama to come and relieve Tía of her duties.
This girl just embraces life!
And now I can experience how my Aunt J. would feel when we spent that special day with her.     

Truly, it is better to give than to receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment