Saturday, July 6, 2013

Happy 4th of July!

Weird that I have spent so many years visiting family in upstate NY for the fourth....and now I'm having to find new traditions as an adult.  Growing up, the Fourth of July had always been planned for me. And now it's different to think that there are many traditions which other families have incorporated into their lives; which might be entwined into mine.
Canby Days....hot dogs, cotton candy and kettle corn.

Didn't plan the blanket situation very well.

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, 
while loving someone deeply gives you courage."
Anonymous

My sobrina trying to teach the others how to play Duck, Duck, Goose.

First time Vianne tasted Cotton Candy.  So cute!

Still a favorite amongst sisters.

Waiting for a parade.  My first Fourth of July Parade.

Strangest parade....goats?  Seriously, is it wearing a headband?

Waiting for candy to be thrown for them to catch.
 Went to my parent's house for naps and dinner.  Had fun cooking with my sister.  She had to figure out how to make more baking powder....and us figuring if I was making biscuits or short cakes.....short cakes won.
Fourth of July dessert.
 After dinner we went back to my sister's house so her husband could set off his $10 firework display for the family.  It was so cute to see how the kids reacted to the fireworks...next year I think he should have music to go along with the performance.
When did sparklers change?

These were like flame throwers that exploded every so often.

One of the grand finale fireworks.
So the verdict is still out on which new traditions will continue to be apart of my life...but I know that I will always want love, laughter, and some sugar to help me celebrate the birth of our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment