Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Starting School

Well, your beauties have started school.  I asked for their 'First Day of School' pictures but no one sent them to me.  I guess there are new boundaries.  Maybe some day I'll see them.  I'm sure they looked smart, and with-it.  I got your baby this checkered button-down shirt, stripes on the inside of the rolled up sleeves and low front pockets.  You would have loved it!  Seeing him strut around like he was a movie star!  Your first born is growing up so fast.  She picked only clothes that were conventional; to be like you.  "Tía" she said, "I have the same style as my mom."  "We like things plain."  She is trying to hold on to you with all her might. 
She gets her teeth pulled next week.  She brings you up in a lot of our conversations.  "Remember when mama said...."  "Remember when mama did....."  And I get that twinge of pain in the back of my throat.  I imagine you come to her mind when she is afraid of the unknown.
She had practice the other day and I was taking her home.  Tears coming down my face as we pulled into 7/11 for a Slurpee.....yep; I remember.  I remember so much it hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment