Sunday, September 22, 2019

Raining Tears in My Heart

Miss you so much.  The weather is getting colder, leaves are falling, and the rain is becoming more often.  It's times like these that are the hardest with my sadness. 

So I wanted to tell you about the liter box I have created.  I found this long chest with wheels on Craigslist for $45.  Then I painted it yellow, blue, then white.  After the paint dried I sanded it down to expose all the colors.  Dad cut out a square hole on one of the sides so Nora could go in and out.  Now it's long and that is important because you know how I hate stepping on scattered pieces of litter on the floor.  Since the chest is long Nora has to walk over several litter carpets after she is done doing her business. 

Then I went to Hobby Lobby to pick out new hinges and decals for the front of the chest.  The hinges were tricky because I shop for how they look not for how they will fit.  I had to saw off some of the side pieces, chip away at some of the wood, and rearrange the top but managed to get the top back on.  It's cracking where some of the screws were put in since there were so many holes to begin with but that will give me a future project.  Now the decal was a waste of money.  It was so pretty with antler horns and flowers.......but it wouldn't come off the paper, it stuck to my hair, peeled the paint off the chest, and ripped like it was tin foil.  I just threw that away and said good riddance.  Therefore, I had to do a bit more sanding to give it that shabby chic look. 

Today I went to Home TJ Max and bought a light pink, grey, off white, tan, light blue plaid blanket to drape over the top and hide the side hole.  (And hopefully trap the odor in)  And I found two big fake furry off white, tan, grey pillows that are softer than cashmere.  Plus, a narrow long white fake furry pillow to go across the back.  And I got some air fresheners to put inside the box in case the smell is offensive to anyone who wants to sit on top.

The litter box is next to the back door facing the back porch so if I need to air out the space I can just open the sliding door.  Plus, if I want a cozy place to sit and drink tea I can curl up on the pillows and look out into the green space.

You would love it.  You would have rubbed your hands across the pillows, closed your eyes and made some complimentary comment.  I wish we could hang out at my house and have our talks.  I miss laughing with you and making you laugh.  I see things on Instagram that you would love.  This person made a wreath out of cardboard and wrapped the cardboard in white yarn.  Then made these yarn balls and hot glued them to the wreath.  You liked those simple types of projects with the basic colors.  Very little hot glue involved.  :)  

Your babies had soccer games this weekend.  Your youngest is improving on his foot skills.  He has a really good coach.  Sometimes your baby had a hard time focusing.  I wonder where his mind goes.....it would have tugged on your heart a little knowing it was a little piece of you.  It's cute how he looks at his dad on the sidelines looking for direction and a sense of approval.  He wants to please everyone so bad.  A lot like his mama.  Your oldest had a game in another state and we didn't go.  I'll test her and get the details latter on in the week.  We are going to have dinner and game night at Tía's house on Friday.

Today in church I read Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say rejoice.  It's just so hard when my heart breaks because you are not around.  This fight is so hard at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment