Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Needing a Benediction

I have decided that having a Benediction each morning would get me in the right mindset.  And I love hearing about it every morning.  I call my dad on my way to work and he finds a different one for me each day (with some repeats on the classic ones).

Numbers 6:22-26 -  The LORD said to Moses, “Tell Aaron and his sons, ‘This is how you are to bless the Israelites. Say to them: “The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace.”

And this was a text I got from my dad:    May the love of the Father, the tenderness of the Son, and the presence of the Spirit, gladden your heart and bring peace to your soul, this day and all days, Amen.

But I have also changed some things in my day that is helping me make better choices, have a better attitude, and being more productive.

1.  I am now taking a lunch.  And for the first time in my professional career (21 years) I'm not working through my lunch.  I'm texting with friends, browsing through the Internet, and checking Instagram feeds. 

2.  I'm closing and locking my door during planning and prep time.

3.  I'm saying 'no' more often.  (I need to work on this one)

4.  I'm playing outdoor games with the students during recess and giving a lot of High Fives.

5.  I'm venting on this Blog and not to co-workers.

6.  Leaving on time and not bringing anything home.

7.  If I wake up early I get up and enjoy a cup of coffee with mood lightening, plushy pillows, cool breeze, maybe an extra long shower, and a little Sandy Patti.

This week has been a lot better.  And I have actually enjoyed teaching Reading with my kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment