Wednesday, September 4, 2019

New Campsite

One last hurrha camping trip to breath in fresh air, relax in the hammock and suck the melted part of the marshmallow after it has been toasted a beautiful carmel color.  Thoughts of you flooded into my brain.  Memories of you by the fire, taking pictures and getting dinner ready.  Tears flowed freely as I knew you were in a better place; without pain, but my heart yearning for one more hug, giggle, and someone coming up to hold my hand.
When the tent site was finished and the audio book began, I got in my hammock to look up and find a man sitting in the front seat of a creepy white van looking over in my direction.  You would have laughed.  We would of had jokes for years; the kind where we only knew the punch line.  More tears.
Nothing happened.  An occasional look up to see if he was still there; yep.  Eating his dinner, sitting in the front seat of his van.  A giggle escaped knowing I would be sleeping with my steel pipe next to me in the tent.  You would have laughed.  We would have giggled all night; me probably peeing my pants.
Everything the same.  Fire, dinner, S'mores, eggs for breakfast, a good hike, but without you.  It's like eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich without jelly.  I love bread.  I love peanut butter.  I miss the jelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment