Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Front yard slowly being transformed

Before I left for OR I noticed that my front yard bushes were dying.  With end of the year schedule and preparing for my trip I  only had time to hedge the suckers down, water the heck out of them, and put some 'miracle grow' down...in hopes that the name would make some amazing 'miracles'.



I felt bad for my neighbors...because my hedging job made the bushes look worse.....
But I had places to go and people to see....the bushes were going to just have to deal with disease and a Texas summer.
When I got back I decided to give some of the bushes a lot of TLC.  The 'miracle grow' name did not live up to it's brand name.  So I got out my big whacking tool and started chopping the bushes down.


I replaced them with bark dust, hanging plants, and some succulents.  A quick fix to a problem that I need really big power tools, time to do research, or having my dad come down to help me out.

1 comment:

  1. Summer and the drought were really harsh on most of the plant life; alas, your shrubs had to go. But at least, you did a great job in cutting off the damage and restoring and replacing what was left of the shrubbery. Anyway, I hope you'll be able to return your yard back to its full verdancy. All the best!

    Terry Holt @ Land Tech

    ReplyDelete