Monday, July 28, 2014

Waterfall HIke #3

 It was a very short hike to an amazing waterfall.....I should have paid more attention to reading the sign instead of trying to take a picture of it.

 We got to the lookout site and there was this kid walking across the top of the falls.  I said to a friend...'where are his parents?'  And then the kid jumped off the waterfall.....crazy.  I thought he must be a local.

Here is the boy jumping off the waterfall.

Trying to get the kiddos down the steep trail.
Water was so cold!  But the moss felt good on our feet.

How come no one thought to bring water shoes?
The falls didn't seem so tall when you were down below.

Small streams of water coming down behind us.

More people jumping off the waterfall...it doesn't look that bad.


Bathing Beauties
So my brother-in-law and his friend started heading back to jump off the waterfall.  He didn't hear me when I told him that I wanted to go with another friend.  So we had two groups heading up to the top of the waterfall......my group took about 40 minutes longer to get across the river and head to the top of the waterfall......how did that kid do it?  It was more terrifying to cross the river than to jump off the waterfall.

No comments:

Post a Comment