Monday, July 28, 2014

Waterfall Jump of a Lifetime

We got to the top!
 When we arrived at the ledge we didn't see our group down below....we had taken so long to get to our spot they didn't know if they should wait or go for help.  We finally noticed them screaming on the trail across the river.

It was more terrifying once you were up there.
My friend had to go first because it took me an additional 15 minutes to psych myself into jumping.  I also forgot to take off my jewelry.....so I had to come up with a good explanation in case my brand new bracelet became sunken treasure.

I knew if I didn't jump I was going to always regret it....

I tried to jump out as far as I could.

I closed my eyes, plugged my nose, and held on to my bracelet for dear life.

I look so professional!
I remember thinking...'When am I going to hit the water?'


Then I remember thinking....'How much farther down am I going to go into the water?'

I would give my landing a 8.5.  Very minimal splash compared to the boys.

Next there was a little panic feeling when I was swimming upward....'When am I going to resurface?'

A huge 'THANK YOU' to my friend because he waited for me to jump while soaking wet, in freezing water and in the shade!  Also to my sister for taking these amazing photos and my sister's friend for taking a video of me jumping.

And good news mom....I didn't loose the bracelet.....

No comments:

Post a Comment