Sunday, November 17, 2013

Para mi padre

When I was a child, my dad took me to see a New Mexico Military Institute football game.  I don't know if this was my first experience at a game....but I will never forget going to see my first football game....love at first sight.  The action...the cheerleaders...the homecoming court all dressed up, sitting in their convertible cars.  Hook, line, and sinker...I have been a football fan ever since.

Well last night, I was invited to see my first (university) college football game.  We saw the Baylor Bears vs. the Texas Tech Raiders.  This was very exciting since I love to watch college football!

Because I am an Oregon fan (and some of my students are going to Texas Tech)...I was cheering for the Raiders.

Baylor warming up.


Tech taking the field to warm up.

Close up of the Bears warming up.

So impressive seeing the whole team warming up.

Getting pumped up.

The couple sitting next to me did not like that I took a picture of Petty.

I was amazed by the number of coaches.

The Baylor band was huge!  Very impressive.

I was on the Tech side.

The Raider mascot riding his horse...just like my dad said he would.

Coin toss....Tech won the toss.

Number 22 with the first touchdown!!!  It was a fake play...so exciting!

Number #22 with the second touchdown...thought the Raiders might have a chance.

Half time show with Tech's band.  They used fire extinguishers in their routine.

Me before we left.  Got front row seats in the suite.

This was a long football game.  Over three hours and we had just started the fourth quarter.  Unfortunately, the Bears won because they had the talent...but I have to say, the calls the refs made, helped them along the way.  I did love that our side threw tortillas through out the game; they make great frisbees.  :)  A big THANK YOU to the family that invited me....an amazing experience I will always cherish.

I can't wait till my dad and I get to go to a big college football game.  I wonder if there will be football in heaven  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment