Friday, June 19, 2015

Moving a Car with Three Wheels Part 2

So the family came over and we put our brain cells together and hoped for the best.  Dad rented a piano dolly and we put it under the frame of the car.
The dolly didn't roll in the gravel or the dirt so my brother-in-law found some old mats that we rotated in front of the dolly every two feet.

Dad backed up mom's car and we attached a 20 foot car tow to each vehicle.  She has some nice Deltoid action going on!


Dad was driving the Jetta, Mom was out front directing my dad, my sister was keeping an eye on the dolly and mats, then my brother-in-law and I were pushing from the back.

But the three wheels would go in weird directions because no one was inside steering the car....so I bravely sat in the car and tried my best to 'thread the needle'......since we didn't have much wiggle room between my dad's new rose bushes and the neighbor's fence.

Here we have gotten the car out of the RV parking spot, down the neighbor's driveway...and starting to head down hill to the public street.

And 'Tad-Da'!  The car made it to the front of the house without ruining the dolly or the neighbor's driveway.


Getting the dolly out since we had to return it to the renting place.

Juan came the next day and got it onto his flat bed truck.

He was able to maneuver the car onto the ramps with just three wheels.

And off it went.......
First project done!  Second project....raised garden beds.

No comments:

Post a Comment