Monday, June 1, 2015

Ideas to Help my Dad Move a Car Without a Wheel

My dad is trying to move a Toyota Supra (that doesn't run) from the backyard.  There is a little hiccup of a problem since the back wheel is gone and apparently the axle is missing as well.  Well maybe the hiccup is a little bigger since there is a mound of dirt in front of the car and a narrow entrance to get to the car.
So here are the pictures I found to help my dad since I'm a three day drive away from this situation.

1.  I know the wheel is gone but I would think you could put the wheel well on a cinder block and use this back wheel contraption.  And then use rope/cable ties/bungee cords around the frame of the car to secure it.

2.  Supermarkets have these planks of wood.  Maybe you could put the back of the car on some wood and drag the wood?  Dad thinks the car is too heavy.


3.  The best idea yet!  This is what I want to do.  Attach a dollie to the back wheel well.  I love it when people are able to think outside of the box.


 I'll keep researching and brainstorming.  I love to problem solve.....just wish I wasn't so far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment