Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Latino Festival

My mom works for Head Start and she donates her time to this Latino Festival every year to support the education of the Hispanics in the area.  At this festival they have live music, prizes, great food, venders, information about getting their GED's and face painting.  I was so excited when she offered me this opportunity to be apart of connecting with the Hispanic community.  And we were going to be in charge of the face painting!!!  Speaking Spanish in an artistic environment.....count me in!

My mom and I were the only workers who showed up for the noon shift.  It got a little crazy but thanks to mom's fast painting skills and our organization we got the line under control.

Not the greatest tools, but I've never face painted before so it was what it was.

I got my concentrating artistic face going on....(and a cute hair day I might add).  The woman in the blue shirt was awesome at this face painting gig.

Then they had dancers....the same kind of routines like at the San Antonio Market.  Wonderfully entertaining!  Especially when the guys danced with swords and glasses of water on their heads.


Outside they were selling pinatas.  This reminded me of when I taught Spanish and Pepe would bring in a pinata every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment