Wednesday, June 10, 2015

A Horrible Moving Experience.......I Do Not Recommend this Company

I have always moved my items.  This time since I was selling my house a month before I needed to be in another state, I decided to hire AAA Moving Company.  It was the cheapest quote and the salesman told me I would receive two free months of storage.  Well, I got what I paid for...cheap service that doesn't care for me as a customer or my items.

Here is the review that I put on the BBB:  I do not recommend this company.  The driver marked off a number on his check list and the item had not  made it on the truck to be moved.  Several boxes marked 'Fragile' were crushed.  One box was destroyed and my things were falling out of the box while the driver was taking it out of the truck.  We had to wait an hour and a half for the 'movers' to come to the moving truck when the driver told us 15 minutes.  When they arrived he had them turn their shirts inside out so we couldn't see what company they were representing.  The salesman said I would get two free months of storage but the owner called me asking if I would move my stuff a month early.  There were several inconsistencies in what they said compared to their actions.   It felt like I was being taken advantage of by a shady business.

There were many other frustrating situations I encountered.  But when a person moves their belongs to a different state it is hard enough when a company doesn't keep their promises let alone when you see your 'fragile' boxes coming out of a semi-truck smashed and falling apart.  Plus, I'm still waiting for them to ship me the ladder that never made it out of the truck.  Interesting, the driver checked it off his list as things came out of the truck.....he took that much time to care that my things were accounted for.


Shady when none of the vehicles had a AAA Moving and Storage label on them.  This truck had a sign taped onto the truck with the label written in sharpie.

Lovely how my stuff is coming out of the bottom of the box.  The top of the box was also ruined.

My favorite antique bench broke. 

Here are the moving guys that took an hour and a half to get to the truck.  The driver told us they would be 15 minutes late.  He then told me that they were lost.  Next he told me they were in traffic.  Then he told me they had to drive back to get a different GPS.  In this picture you can see that they have their shirts turned inside out.  The driver didn't want me to take a picture of the advertisement on their shirts.  Then he turned to me and told me that "they work for a very reputable company".  Maybe so, but they looked like high school kids and they didn't speak hardly any English.

Unfortunately, not my ladder.


Yep...my label clearly states that this box is 'fragile' with 'glass'.  So, when the first mover loaded my boxes from my house and I had to help him spell 'bench' on the check list....I should have stopped and took the time to add labels in Spanish.

Really.....This is how you treat someone's things after they have paid you to transfer precious items safely?

It just breaks my heart to see my things in this kind of shape.  I know I can't take these things to heaven, and I have to take in consideration all the things I moved safely (myself) on the first trip.   But I do want to try to warn anyone else to not go through the heart ache I have endured while working with this company.

No comments:

Post a Comment