Monday, April 6, 2015

A Week Off

Now that I was without a cat for three months it was time to get new carpet!  Very interesting project.  But with a whole week off I would be bored with just one thing going on in my life.  So, I threw in a fence staining project and while I was at it....why not put my house up for sale. 

 So the guys put in the new carpet.  They were very nice to let me watch and take pictures while they were working.
 While I was learning how to put in carpet for the inside of my house, I had different guys over to stain the backyard fence and pergola.
Then when everyone was finished...and got paid, I was able to move all the big left over trash to the front of my house.  My city will come and pick up any large items on trash days.  I have always been at work during this even so I have never seen my city in action.  I just thought it would be a couple guys in a city truck driving around with items in the back bed.....oh no!  How fun is this truck!!!  If I got my summers off....think of all the interesting things you would be picking up during the day!

So with new carpet it was time to put the rest of my furniture out and about so it had the 'liveable' look.  I didn't have the heart to paint over the stripes in the kitchen.......it took me so long to paint those walls....and my lines came out so straight!
 Couldn't stand the 'new carpet' smell....
 So sad that my craft room is gone.......
The next day I bought some flowers and decorated the outside.

 I love the floor mat in front of the door.  Should have done that years ago.
I was so excited!  I had a lock-box, a For-sale sign, a clean house, good looking yard, a separate phone, and goodies all in store for a Grand Opening!
I put my house on a website so they could list my house on a Friday night.  By Saturday the second people to look at my house gave me a contract!  My family was in shock!  So far all the ideas and suggestions by HGTV worked.....plus the snickerdoodles were really good.  The sad part was that I never used my For-sale sign on lock-box.......I guess I could always be a 'relator' as a back-up profession.  Are there practice certification tests that I could study?????  LOL....to my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment