Monday, January 20, 2014

Reflexive pronouns

Once again I decided to use the paint cards for a teaching moment.  The problem with these paint cards was, I had to go out and buy black sharpies for my students to use, so it wasn't as cost effective as I would like.  But when the students have these cards out, it is a kinesthetic activity that makes my heart sing and puts smiles on the kids faces.  Once again, success is priceless.


 You can have the kids write on their tables with dry erase markers different verbs.  You could have them write the verbs with colors that match the cards.  Or just have them write the endings in the colors that match the cards.  Notice there are stem changing verbs as well.  You could have students underline the stem changing part or write that part in a different color.


I had the students write the English translation on the front bottom corner.  You could have them write it on the back or not at all.


Next, is auditory.  I said the English translation and they pick of the right card.  This is a good first step since the English is written on the card.  Afterwards, I would say the conjugated verb and they would have to pick out the pronoun that would match.

 For storage they could put them in a pencil bag, ziploc bag, paper clip, or three holded punch with a ring.

Then we did 'Mi rutina' for each student.  I made sure they all

1.  me cepillo los dientes y
2.  me pongo me desordorante.








No comments:

Post a Comment