Thursday, January 23, 2014

Making hair accessories

Went to a craft store in hopes to find Captain America stickers.  Did not find the stickers but my quest was not a total loss....instead...it was a start of a very scary new endeavor.  I will have to limit my future time at craft stores because this new thrill is amazingly super easy!

Things you need:
1.  Stickers
2.  Felt or crochet pieces
3.  Hot glue gun or super glue
4.  Hair pieces like clips or bobby pins
First I hot glued a piece of felt to the back of the sticker.

Then I hot glued a crochet flower to the sticker.

Next I glued a piece of felt to the hair clip and cut the edges off.  Then glue the sticker on the hair piece.

Here are a few more I did.



 What they look like in my hair.  I prefer the clips to the bobby pins.


 Next, I made the bobby pin hair accessories.

Here I started like the clip hair accessories.  Added felt and the crochet flowers to the back.

Putting the felt and the crochet flowers behind the stickers.  Then I glued the bobby pins on.

With the paper flowers I didn't need to add the felt.

Glued the bobby pins right on.


I was having so much fun I decided to try it with the brads.

I cut the brads off and glued the felt on the back.

Made sure the butterflies were facing the right way.

Hot glued the bobby pins on the back.

Made a few more for mi hermanita y mi sobrina.




1 comment:

  1. You need to do a post about how you did your hair! So cute. We're loving our new hair fancies. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete