Friday, August 18, 2017

Seattle

My cousins and aunt wanted to take a trip up to the great city of Seattle.  We found an Airbnb that we could afford and decided it was worth the long car ride up to this famous city.  So glad they had this desire to go.  I've never been there during the day so I was curious what this city holds for the daylight crowd.


My Aunt and I choose to eat at the Cheese Shop....So delish!

This is where we stayed....my cousin and I got the loft.....so much fun.  Can't see how people can be at peace with only one bathroom.
 Meeting the neighbors.
 Downtown fun...On your mark....get set....go!
 Mom rocking the parallel parking.
 Beautiful weather!
 Got there early!
 So hungry on the first night...had a hard time finding a place that was open for dinner.  When we got to our tenth stop....we had 5 minutes for nine of us to order dinner before they had to shut down the kitchen.
 I went with the cashier's recommendation of a crab-melt.  Lost my breath for a few seconds when she rang it up....$30!  It was good...but the view was worth more than the sandwich.

 Got to go up the space needle.
 Once we were up there, unfortunately an explosion in the baby's diaper happened with no extra diapers.  I stayed on a little bit longer with my other cousin, while the rest needed to get back to the car. 
 We took the Monorail and met up with the others.  I will never forget the ride home of us singing children's songs nonstop for about 20 minutes so our little cousin wouldn't cry...except for when I broke into "Part of your World" (His mother's favorite movie as a child).  Hilarious.....he has an ear for music and loves to dance.  Tiny Dancer....I hope you never out grow your inner beat.  Can't wait for you to get old enough for us to cut a rug on the dance floor!
 The cute extra living space at the airbnb.
 The gum wall....more like gum alley.
 Chihuly exhibit.  It was breathtaking!
 My favorite shot.
Typical...mom with a book and my aunt with her phone.

 Throwing the fish.
 Sisters.
 Beautiful weather!
 Loved the faces in these pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment