Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Second Day for the Pergola Cover....Part 3

Got the beams all in!

Dad is now cutting piece to go in between the beams to cover up the old ledger.
 While he is covering up the old ledger I am starting on painting the outside of the house.  The week was going to be nice and I needed these big projects done by Sat.......so I could enjoy some football.

 Dad done covering up the ledger.
 Next time I don't think I would paint the brackets since the new ledger covered them up.
 The old ledger was lower than the new one.  So Dad and I chipped away at the old wood so we could cover it up.

 The wood was level with the next ledger so we were able to put the bottom piece in.


 The outside of the pergola didn't go to the outside of the concrete.  We put in plant hangers to give the illusion that the pergola was longer than 10 feet.
 Me with a power tool....and loving every minute of it.
 End product.....still waiting for it to get stained.



No comments:

Post a Comment