Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Second Day for the Pergola Cover....Part 2

My decorative end looked pretty good for my first time!  Dad got me a jigsaw so when I have more time I will be practicing with the lumber from my old patio cover.

 Using a clamp to hold the wood to the bracket while he screws it into the ledger.
 Have to saw the top of the beam off.
 Trying to visualize the cut.  I think this was harder than it looked.
 Top of the beam.
 The old ledger was warped so my contractor used a clamp to help him screw it in tighter.
 Screwing in a support bracket.  This holds the ledgers together.
 Time to put in the other beams....and complete this project.

 I got to use the drill.
 My contractor not using a table for support!  I was very nervous.  He is going to chop a finger off one of these days!
Here my contractor is making an indent in the wood so it will fit over the corner bracket he just put in.
 Covering up the old ledger.

 Screwing the ledger in.

No comments:

Post a Comment