Saturday, October 18, 2014

Rocky Horror Dream


For many years I have wanted to dress up and experience the cult classic Rocky Horror Picture Show.  With my cousin coming to town and being a theater major I decided she would be the perfect partner in crime.  So for the past three weeks I have been researching and narrowing down my costume options.  This 'Time Warp' dance experience was going to be experienced in full costume.

I went to a Goodwill and bought a black button down top and an XXL men's dress shirt.    Thanks to Pintrest I was able to find ideas of how to bring this costume to a reality.  I cut the collar and the cuffs off the white dress shirt and hand sewed them onto the black shirt.

I took in the sides because the shirt was a little big.
Next was assembling the apron and maid's cap.
Needed a lot of long strips.

Aligning the pieces.

Pinning the pieces together.
Added lace to the cap!  So cute!
Put glitter on my nails for a dark red look!
Next it was time to get into full makeup and costume.
Getting ready with my cousin.

Got the fake eyelashes on.

Next.....get the hair as big as I could get it!
I was a little nervous about getting the costume on because I hadn't had time to put the pieces together.  But ecstatic when I was transformed into Magenta.





And we were off to have an experience like no other!
Second balcony seats.

I bought a prop bag!

Newspaper to cover our heads.

During intermission.

At the end of the show the cast said that we were the best audience they had ever had!  Another audience member agreed since he had been at the last midnight showing.  I loved singing to all the songs.  And I will never forget dancing the 'Time Warp' with other people as I was swept away with all the fantastic energy!

No comments:

Post a Comment