Friday, October 10, 2014

Homecoming theme: Around the World

To go with our Homecoming Theme I thought it would be fun for some of my kids to taste foods from around the world.  Thank you World Market for your contribution.

Students like the cookies from Argentina.  However, because I didn't see most of them that day I ended up eating most of the cookies myself.
Besitos from an Argentina Bakery.

These were good and were a favorite with the students.
Chocolate wafer cookies from Austria.

 I think the pumpkin flavor made the kids hesitate about eating these cookies.
Pumpkin waffle cookies from Italy.

My kids were hesitant about eating these mango treats.....I didn't think they were that bad.
Dried Mango from the Philippines.
 My kids did not like the treats from Japan.  The gummy outside and bean paste on the inside were too exotic for most of my students.  One student said they did taste like a doughnut....I don't know where he is getting his doughnuts......definitely not from Krisp Kreme.
Don't know....from Japan.
 The chips were the biggest hit!  They finished this bag and would have gone for a second one if I had one available.  When I went to open them I noticed that the grease was seeping through the bag.  Yep...they were that good.
British chips that were also gluten free.

No comments:

Post a Comment