Friday, October 10, 2014

Homecoming Week/ Spirit Day

Last day of Homecoming and I am exhausted!  We had 20 minute classes and an afternoon to bake in the hot Texas sun!  We were suppose to wear a school spirit shirt with jeans.  I detest jeans.....  And I think the person who came up with skinny jean is anorexic or on drugs.  I would like to show them my thighs and ask them, 'What were you thinking!"  If I have to buy a long shirt/sweater to cover my thighs because of wearing skinny jeans then what is the point of wearing jeans at all?  Do people think they look skinnier just because they are called "skinny jeans'?  And forget this "I'm proud of my voluptuous body and going to show the world that I don't care what they think".....stand point.  That was me in my early 20's when I wore see through blouses......thankfully I have matured since then.  I would prefer that my jeans didn't cut off my circulation or give me a muffin top.  And if you are skinny enough to wear skinny jeans then I don't want to look at your skinny legs anyway.

So I opted to wear a skirt.  :)
 BTS:  Buck the Sheep.  Yes it is suppose to be 'Buck the System'.  But I was in a meeting where a teacher said she 'Bucked the Sheep'.  And I thought....who bucks sheep?  I replied that I didn't care if she bucked the sheep but I was not going to be bucking any sheep any time soon.

Well, another teacher has some auditory discrimination issues and she did not hear 'buck' but heard another word that starts with 'f' and rhymes with 'buck'.  So this whole conversation she was shocked that one of her old teachers was saying this curse word....with 'sheep'.

We laughed so hard at the meeting I decided that I needed to make a T-Shirt so I would never forget that saying again.

Team Robert:  Robert has been one of our guards since I started and he finally became an employee at our school.  For years we have been paying a company so we could use this sweet, kindhearted, respectful guy.  Well now he is one of us and a co-worker and I started saying 'Go Team Robert' every time we walked past him.  And I love that I put the 'e' upside down because it looks like a schwa!


Here's to another great Homecoming week.  Some day maybe I will find my old pictures of past Homecoming weeks so I can have them collectively on this blog......Now that I think about it; I probably won't have that much time available until I'm in my 90's.

No comments:

Post a Comment