Thursday, October 9, 2014

Homecoming Week! Decade/Throw back Thursday

I was going to wear my poodle skirt but too many girls wanted to dress up 50's style.  So then I was going to break out the 80's look....but that was going to be a popular choice as well.....I could have done the 90's grunge but I didn't have my black combat boots to complete the look.

So, I rummaged through my closet and looked through some Pintrest ideas.....came to the conclusion that I could pull off a 40's look and not have to make a trip to the store.
Got the perfect curls by sleeping in my spongy curlers!

My fake eyelashes kept getting caught in my netting.

Wanted to get a picture before the humidity ruined my hair!
The kids loved my mink stole!

 Had the lines going up the back of my stockings!
Got the vintage jewelery from my Uncle who found three boxes of jewelery from the dumpster.
Me glamming it up for the camera.
 Could not get the victory rolls right.  I had to roll a spongy curler in each one to get the look I wanted.  I forget what it is called but I read last night that ladies would save the hair from their brush and make a hair roll to help with victory rolls.
My victory curls took forever!
Homecoming week is my favorite week out of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment