Monday, August 12, 2013

Day six.....a slow day for those aboard the Tía train

Hot chocolate at Grammy and Grampa's house!

I don't know if I will ever get this shirt off of him.

 If the sky is cloudy and you need a break,
Here's a gift you'll appreciate.
You'll find these under Tía's bed,
To read before you rest your head.
Where Tía slept.  (She thinks you put the presents there ahead of time)

Love his hair...it never gets old.

I think I have read this book 10 times today!


Mi sobrina played with her neighbor friend all day.  They swam, rested in the hot tub, drew pictures, played with my little ponies, rode on scooters, and must have come back and forth from house to house all afternoon.  Here they are having Mac and Cheese and peaches.
Lunch time...I made the mac and cheese too salty.

Chocoooolate cake for dessert....only 50 cents....SCORE!
Ian got up from his nap and so wanted mi sobrina's attention.  She of course was too busy with her 'boyfriend' to which she said " no one come over here because we are going to be K-I-S-S-I-N-G (as she spells it out.) The next day she was going to get married and have a Sleeping Beauty wedding cake.....then proceeded to have a real dialogue with her imaginary boyfriend about the benefits of having this kind of cake.
He kept trying to talk to her...it was so cute.

We decided to take a walk so all could enjoy being together.

Writing thank you letters to Yi Yi and Ni Ni.

I forgot to take a picture of her letter so you could read it....sorry.
He drew a picture of Superman at the top....the red part is his cape flowing while he is flying.  Then Ni Ni and Yi Yi are at the bottom.  (And a 'little fingy')
Mi sobrina thanked them for the ten 'buks' and for taking her to California.  On the back she drew a nice picture of them holding her hands.  The letters should go out tomorrow.

Dinner at a Mexican restaurant.

The largest tostada I have ever seen in my life!
So we get home, have some ice cream, take a bath, bedtime routine and when I get to the flossing part she says to be careful of her loose tooth....WHAT!  I was not prepared for this.  I had to call Grammy and Grampa since they have a direct line to the tooth fairy.  And her name is Rose Twinkle?...We are now naming the tooth fairy stripper names?  She has pinkie promised me not to pull out her tooth tonight since I do not have a direct line to the tooth fairy and I am writing an E-mail to the fairy right now.
Here is a check list for under the pillow:
pillow made out of paper
letter to tooth fairy
outfit (dress, shoes, and a cape)
fruit snacks on a plate
cup of water
fake wings
warning about sabrina; her sharp teeth and claws
warning about mi sobrino getting up at night
present made out of paper
bouncy ball in case they want to play catch
a house ready in case she wants to spend the night in her room

Apparently we want her and her friends to feel comfortable and make sure they have everything that they want.  I'll tell you what she wants....an all inclusive spa day.    What is the going rate for a tooth?  I have $1 coins.  Do I leave a present? 

PS.  We didn't get to the library today, I didn't get a chance to sew with her on the sewing machine (the fabric is at Gramma's house), and tomorrow we might go to the three pools place instead of the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment