Saturday, August 10, 2013

Day Four.....A train ride turned into an ice cream adventure day!

We miss you so much love one and love two,
Here are a couple new gifties for you.
If you know where mommy keeps her shoes,
It shouldn't be hard to follow the clues.

It was fun having the face-time on while the kids looked for their gifts....but afterwards I realized it meant that I did not have any pictures of them in action...sorry.

Polly Pocket and Captain America.

"Look mama....I can stand on one foot!"

So last night my sobrina asked me if we could not do anything for today.  I said that we were going to take it easy, have a relaxing morning and just take a small train ride.  I should have stopped myself right there...does Tía ever do anything 'small'.

Poor mi sobrino, hasn't had a nap since day one.....I'm just not a sit at home during the afternoon kind of person.  Especially since I did some research and mis sobrinos ride the train for FREE!!!!  Hello...why didn't I know this?  
All aboard!


Talking on the phone like she is 21 and a regular commuter.
Unfortunately, our first train broke down so we had to change lines to get to the city.  Our trip took twice as long.  But the trains weren't that crowded.  And mi sobrino like that it looked like we were going as fast as a race car.

Made it to the square.

He so needs a nap.  Tomorrow...I promise mama.

Turkey and cheese...had to mix it up.
 There was a DJ playing music so mi sobrino got into his dance grooves pretending to be a ninja turtle and a power ranger fighting bad guys to the club beat.




Mi sobrina showing off her skills.
After awhile I noticed that people were getting Greek ice cream from this van without paying.....SCORE!!!!  Free Ben and Jerry's ice cream, on a warm day, in the city, with two kids....God Bless America!


Seriously my sister.....he is licking the spoon.


When we were at the truck Ian dropped his first ice cream.  Then after walking a 1/2 a block he dropped his second ice cream....I ended up giving him mine and we called it even for me not giving him a nap today.

And as we were walking, mi sobrino mentioned to me that he had a poopy.  Now I was prepared, but seriously....where are you suppose to change a kid in the middle of the city?  I don't know what building we entered but there ended up being a padded bench next to a shoe shine parlor.....thankfully it was unoccupied and we did our business.  If it was up to him he would have taken a nap right there.

We walked to Saturday market and came to this lovely store.

Mama, she would like one of these for Christmas.

My sister..he was possessed by aliens at this point.

On the train...the aliens have left and he almost fell asleep.

Since they didn't get a fruit loop doughnut...I thought yogurt was the next best thing.
And now the money story.  So, mama had a great idea that mi sobrina should buy another Polly Pocket to go with her gift.  I needed things to be fair so I gave mi sobrino ten dollars to put in his money pouch.  Well, when we were headed to Toys'r'us...(because that is the only place I know where to buy a Polly Pocket and a Captain America shield) mi sobrino did not have his ten dollars.....We spend ten minutes trying to figure out what he had done with the money......4 PM....with no nap (not my best idea).  After our talk I mentioned that I wanted him to know the value of money and mi sobrina said, 'Tía, do you think he is old enough to have this conversation?"  I died laughing.

In the end..we didn't get a Polly Pocket or a Captain America shield.

A 'What am I thinking' moment!

Mama, this is what he wants for Christmas...couldn't buy one without the other.
Pretty amazing that our 4 PM, no nap, tire and hungry Toys'r'us trip was without crying, fighting, getting lost, or complaining.  We did have to make two different bathroom trips...I'm assuming one for one and one for two?
Finally home for dinner and a TV show. 
 And for dessert...what did they want?  Ice cream...of course.  Because it was just one of those days.  And buy the way, we found the ten dollars laying on the couch when we got home.

Mi sobrina sharing her Toys'r'us purchase.

And a beautiful sunset to remind me about God's beauty.  I'm so glad I got to go to the city one more time and ride public transportation.  As tired as these kids were, not once did they throw a tantrum, hit or kick me, whine about life being unfair, but instead they were singing songs about Jesus on the train ride home.  When we were done with our train ride I noticed someone giving their all day pass to someone standing in line for a ticket...so I did the same.  Pass it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment