Thursday, August 15, 2013

Day eight.....heading home

Face-time with Momma and Daddy.

Caught mi sobrino folding his pajamas.


Heading to Gramma and Grampa's house.

Look Momma....Mi sobrino wrote his name.
 For my last day, mi sobrina wanted me to teach her how to sew.  Her parents are debating if they should get her a sewing machine.  So, we got out Gramma's sewing maching, which was her grandmothers, and let the needle take us for a glorious ride.  This was the sewing machine I learned on, so it was cool to know that mi sobrina was the fifth generation to use this machine.
I worked the petal first.

Mi sobrino was fascinated by our project.

Mi sobrina's first project.  Just having her get a feel for the machine.

Second project...didn't have time to use a pattern.  Base of purse.

Strap of purse.

Connecting the strap to the purse.

She was careful not to go too fast.

Taa-Daa!  A little rough around the edges, but not bad.

A Burgerville lunch to celebrate.  Milkshakes for all!

Burgerville needs to come to Texas.
 I got to the airport and my bag was ten pounds over the weight limit.  Had to take out the garden hose, one jar of honey, a glass vase, and my lotion.  But managed to get more items into my 'one personal item'...lol a forty pound backpack.  Got to the airport early to charge my laptop...which I didn't even use....to find that our plane was going to be delayed.

Gave me more time to shop at the 'Made in Oregon' store, where I found honey mustard pretzels for a dollar.  Only two bags of pretzels fit in my backpack (with some salt water taffy).  I grabbed my backpack to put on my back and it was so heavy that it made me fall back into my chair.....

When I made it to my seat on the plane, someone was already sitting there...the flight attendant took me to the front of the plane where I got a window seat and the row all to myself...score.  So, I was able to take these lovely photos.
The city as I was leaving.

Mt. Rainier?

Mt. St. Helens.

Mt. Hood
Got in about 11:30 pm but it took them an hour to get our luggage up to the baggage claim.  Home by 1:30 am and in bed by 2:30 am.  I was up at 6:30 am and I miss the hugs already.   Mi sobrina left a secret message on my camera stating that she wants to have a tea party the next time we meet.  And oh, what a tea party it will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment