Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The last day of our family reunion

The Grand finale was definitely grand indeed.  My grandmother floated down a small part of the river.  If her grandaughter, who just had surgery, could get in a tube....they by golly she was not going to let this adventure slip through her fingertips.  It was quite enjoyable speaking Spanish with her, hearing the sarcasm between her and her kids, and of course posing for the camera.  My grandmother is never shy in front of a camera lens.

Brothers doing the heavy lifting...Why is Uncle B not carrying a tub?  LOL
Grammy getting used to the cold water.
Grammy posing like a pin-up girl.
Found this gem snuggled between the river shots....
After the relaxing float... and not wanting the memories to be ruined by the hectic-ness of packing the cars.....I decided to head to the kiddy section with my mother.  A little later we found that the brothers didn't want to do any packing either....another trip down the river....to my mother's delight.  I'm sorry my Aunt wasn't able to get away so she could be apart of these care free exchanges between siblings.

Mom slowly getting in....brothers too afraid to mess with the older sister.....LOL
But haven't lost the touch of picking on each other.
Mom getting caught in the moment...I felt the joy coming out of her movements as she was swept away with her brothers.
Couldn't help but notice the great colors.
My dad would love the yards here.
It was time to have lunch and give some relief to my stressed out Aunt that had the job of calming her anxious dad during the packing process.  We turned in our keys and took a couple more group shots.  One day I will scan and and post all of the family pictures on my blog....but until then we will have this picture to show how proud my grandparents were to have all their kids together.....one more time.

Missing many important spouses/cousins/siblings.  You all were missed!
On the way home we stopped at a hardware store and this cute little kitten got a little curious.





No comments:

Post a Comment