Friday, June 14, 2013

Happy Father's Day, Dad!

To my dad,
Thank you so much for always being there.  I am amazed how sacrificial you are with your time and resources.  Here are some of my special memories I have of us.  Going to church and dancing in the sancuary while you played the piano made me feel free and beautiful.  Your hugs are the best!  The first time you said we were going to eat breakfast at the airport and sister and I (holding our breath) as we look for mom's reaction.  Our first camping trip and in the morning realizing that the ground was not flat.  You drawing a tree with a lock on the top taught me more than the definition of Hemlock; it brought me relief of finally knowing how to study.  And our week of windsurfing and camping on the Columbia Gorge.
I am in awe every time you preach the Word of God.  What an amazing gift you have to inspire people from the Bible and remind us how much God loves us.  Your job is a testimony of how we need to be servants towards others with our time and wisdom.  You do this everyday and make people feel like they are valued and worthy to be loved. 
I wish I was there to celebrate with you on Father's Day.  I know the family you have with you will spoil you on this special day.  And I'll be there in a little over a week to give you some more spoiling.  But for right now I hope my words are enough to let you know how proud I am to call you my dad.

Love you with all my heart,
Christy


No comments:

Post a Comment