Friday, June 14, 2013

My hosptial stay

Mom and I waiting pre-surgery...
My Personal Belonging Bag....

Nervous, but trying to look happy at 6AM in the morning.
I couldn't stomach watching them put the IV in, so had mom take a picture.
Me after surgery....I was out the first day.




They put air massaging pads around my calves....LOVED them.
Where mom slept.


One of my nurses...she was voted nurse of the year.  She helped out a lot.  This was the first time I tried sitting up...very painful and made my very nauseated.    



Gift from school.
Gift from church.
Gift from Aunt Janet.
Family coming to help mom out.


Helpful hints...if I ever have to do this again:
*One nurse was very nice and gave me a pair of special scissors to I could get my body jewelry back in.
*I loved the gift from my sister before surgery.  Pre-surgery gift packages are very helpful.
*Set expectations up with family members before surgery.
*Family members from out of town need to come a week after surgery.
*Stay at the hospital as long as I can.
*Don't make pre-cooked meals and then freeze them for after the surgery; it didn't help at all.
* Make a pain medication chart for when I get back home.
*Dulcolax
*Buy Kleenex.....I cried a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment