Monday, June 24, 2013

Family outing day one

Our first stop was this cute bakery in West, Texas.
Fourth of the family with their purchases.
Brothers and sister.
5 cars, 19 people, 2 coolers, 3 i-pads, 8 laptops, and 1 overly anxious grandfather.  We got everyone to my aunts house by 7 AM and left a half hour later...yay (in my mind).

Missed the exit to the bakery and got a few angry remarks from grandfather for not answering my phone when he called.  The first time he hung up on me.

Finally made it to San Antonio with all 5 cars parked in the same lot.  Getting everyone together we head to the 'Mercado' to shop.  Unfortunately, the heat and the humidity were a bit much for some.
 
Half of the family.
The other half coming.

Cousins
Dancing




The time came for all of us to meet up again so we could head out to the cabins.  I found mom and she showed me some items in different shops.  Unfortunately, this made mom and I late.  Grampa called again very upset and preceded to hang up on me again.  I called him back to remind him that we don't hang up on people; we say 'goodbye'.  We shall see if it happens again.

At the cabins
Figuring out where everyone was going to sleep.
Grampa feeling better once he got WiFi and his computer station set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment