Monday, January 16, 2017

Igloo Complete!

I can now check this one off my Bucket list.  6 inches of snow I needed to take off my driveway and sidewalk.  That much snow and a week's worth of freezing temps.....didn't have to ask me twice.
I used a large plastic bin.

Kept building and packing.

But then it was getting too heavy to lift them up higher than my waist.  I am also a little out of shape.
Came back out at night to finish but I didn't have enough hands.

I was using a shoe box size plastic bin.  I could hold the mold up above my head but I needed a third hand to pack the snow around it so it would stay up.
A sky light in my igloo

Quiet peaceful!
But then the sides started coming inward.

And I tried to make them connect.

I'm thinking this is do-able.
Tea party time.

Little Chai Tea

Enough room for the three of us


Cheers

Yummy!  Nice break from sledding and playing in the snow.

Then I couldn't stand it any longer.


I took advantage of the cold weather and untouched snow from the backyard and finished this sucker!  I just started throwing chunks of snow on the top till it plugged up all the holes.

Inside looking up.
The next day...Hoping it was still standing!
Looks more like a snow fort than an igloo.

A look inside.




I'm curious to how long it will take to melt.
I hear there might be freezing rain tomorrow morning.  Mother Nature must really like my work!  Bring on the cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment