Monday, October 26, 2015

Wig Shopping

How do you get into this profession?  It seems like they should have some kind of counseling background to deal with all the grief associated with buying a wig.
My sister brought in a lifelong friend and myself to pick out a 'new look' so her kids didn't freak out after the hair shaving party.

Celebration dinner on me!
 Are we ready?
 Maybe not quite....but we stay strong.

 First wig.  Expensive.  Hand woven.  Rachel Welsh.  Lace front.
 Synthetic fibers but looks real in the back.
 Next one....My sister's friend has a look of...."What the hell do you have on your head?"  LOL  She is going to be mortified...but I think it's hilarious!
 Third wig had more volume and it was very straight.


 My favorite had the bangs.  My sister said having fake banks was too weird.  We'll see...if her eye brows fall out then maybe our family will sneak back to the wig store to get this one.



 This was the real hair...$1800 dollar wig that we couldn't afford.  It felt really nice!

 She tried short and red......
 Curly and Fuschia.
 Long and black.
 Short and black.
 Short and blonde....wait a minute....this takes us back to college.
 Love it and it's on sale!
 We have two winners.....the short wig and the first wig my sister tried on. 

It was kind of like Bridal Dress shopping.  You like one but you want to try others just in case the one you liked isn't the right one....but you end up going back to the one you liked...With Girlfriends...crying tears of joy and fear.  Here's to looking good for the next 6 months.  Do you have a wig trashing party at the end with a photographer once you hair grows back and you're cancer free?



1 comment:

  1. You posting that horrible face I'm making provided a needed laugh while looking at this post :-). Yikes, better watch my expressions from now on ;-). Sending love & hugs as we continue to hope.

    ReplyDelete