Thursday, October 22, 2015

Hat Wig

Did I make up this term?  I've seen a few online.  Tomorrow my sister and I will go to our first Wig Store...unless you count the vintage places I shopped at in downtown Portland back in my Junior College Days......Wearing my black retro wig to the foreign Japanese film where, at the end of the film, the guy (unexpectedly) got his head chopped off and I left the theater in tears...sobbing all the way home.  The pains of being young, naive, and a 'know-it all'. 

Nope not going to count that one.....

So I went to Sally Beauty supply and was introduced to the 'Hair in a Box' aisle.  The amount, methods, colors, and tools are enough to inspire or make you run.....Good thing I got inspired.

We are going to my sister's 'Hair Shaving' Party this Sunday so I wanted to make her a hat wig in case we didn't find any wigs...(or couldn't afford any good wigs).  I purchased 'Real Hair' bangs and sewed them to the front of the hat.  Then I found a 'Fake Hair' scrunchy (on sale) and cut it in half.  Then I sewed it to the back of the hat.    
So when we go to the the salon the hairdresser can style and cut the hat wig to my sister's liking.  But I think I have a talent here?


Hint:  If you cut a 'Hair Scrunchy' be prepared to do a lot of clean up; hair was everywhere.  Plus, the sewing machine did not like sewing over the fake hair.  If I could afford it, I would have rather have used all 'Real Hair'.

No comments:

Post a Comment