Sunday, November 3, 2019

Your Oldest is a Teenager.

Well your oldest had a birthday and she is now 13!  Ni Ni came over from Chicago and bought a Red Velvet Cake.  She also brought Cinnabon cimmanon rolls for her Birthday breakfast.  Friday night she had a friend spend the night.  And she texted me to ask if I could take them to the dance.  She had her ripped jeans on and an athletic shirt.  She straighted her hair for Halloween.....You would have not liked it at all!.....and a little lip liner....super cute.  I wanted to sneak into the dance but their was such a huge crowd at the door I decided it was not worth the wait.  But I imagined us waiting in the parking lot till it died down to peek our heads in.  Your oldest said there was some usual crying in the bathroom from the 8th graders who had broken up with their boyfriends.
Anyway, I got her some boots (super cute) and body art pens.  She got jeans, mechanical pencils, art supplies, and a replacement cross necklace.  She was very happy.  And more social media.....I want to send you stuff but this is better because I can't see that you haven't opened it.
Dad's birthday is soon and we'll be going to the Cheesecake Factory.  Many a times I have thought I can't do this a lone.  I'm not enough.  There is so much hidden sadness and pain.  We put up a strong front but we are hurting so much inside.  My cards will never be enough...you always found the good cards.  Hopefully, I can get through this event with a smile on face and I can hold the tears in until I get into my car for on the ride home.

No comments:

Post a Comment