Monday, November 12, 2018

Remodel......or Breaking The Bank

I have learned a lot in this remodel.....over communicate the budget.  But in about a week I will finally have a closet that is over due by 4 years.

However, we need to start at the beginning.  My kitchen.  In May, my sister decided to redo her kitchen and get a new countertop.....well as you can see from the pictures below....my Formica wasn't cutting it for me.  And I couldn't let my sister get a deal on a countertop before me.  

 Couldn't stand the color of the walls either.
 The inspector posing for his photo-op.....
 The kitchen sink was in bad shape.
 In such a bad shape I had to double bag it in a Hazardous waste contain when taking it to the dump!

 I was so mad!!!!!!!!!!


So mom and I went where she got her countertop, because that is how we roll.......keep it in the family.
It was a great deal.  But if I'm going to get new countertops then I'll need a new sink, backsplash....and a good paint job on the cabinets..........because remember; I'm suppose to be getting a CLOSET!!!
 Dad had to build a support system for the sink.  And a support system for the cabinets I took out. 

 I had to sand all the oil based yellowed paint that was on the cabinets and put fresh paint on.  I'm still cleaning the dust.

I cut this one all by myself!!!!  And look at all the different colors on the back wall.
Took off the doors because I wanted to show off all my family heirloom dishes!
Plus, I couldn't afford new cabinets; I would like to get doors with glass in the middle.

Putting in the sink!




 Filling in the one seam.


Then it was down to knobs and lace curtains.
 Pulling the curtains back with pins my uncle found in a dumpster.

Backsplash....

And I love the change! 



No comments:

Post a Comment