Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Blends, Digraphs; Digraph-blends

'Pal' does not have a blend in the word.....
She changed it to 'plan'.    'PL' would be a blend.  'THR' would be a digraph blend.


"BL' a blend and 'ANK' a weld.

'RCH' and 'TCH' are Digraph-blends.



He changed 'say' to 'sky'.....'say' didn't have a blend in the word.
I found these tiles in our reading closet and tried using them today.  The students came up with their own words and wrote on their desks.  I had my I-pad hooked up to the SMART board through Air Server and walked around the class so they could see each others work on the board.   Then I would take pictures of their work.

Multisensory
Peer tutoring/correcting
Kept their attention
Competitive- to see each others work
Color coded
Kinesthetic- movement of the tiles

No comments:

Post a Comment