Saturday, February 2, 2013

Special day for Miss........

In my SARA classes my students have to spell words that do not follow the spelling rules.  To help my students I give them sentences as a study strategy.

Example:  Lieutenant.  Sentence:  LIE to the lieutenant and U might get TEN ANTs for a punishment.


4th period.  A freshman student said in my class.

Student:  "Miss ........, when I take the SAT I'm going to tell them that I need to use my phone so that I can call my 9th grade SARA teacher."

Me:  "Why?"

Student:  "So you can give me a sentence for when I need to spell the hard words for my SAT essay."

Being needed never gets old.

6th period.  A freshman student said in my class.

Student:  "Miss ........ you would be so proud of me today."

Me:  "Why?"

Student:  "My friend asked me to spell a word and your voice popped into my head and gave me a sentence.....and I spelled the word correctly!"

I am truly blessed.
Cool paper to use as a study strategy.

No comments:

Post a Comment