Monday, September 7, 2015

Working It Like the Gym is my Stage!

After the first two days of school I was loosing my voice.  Didn't remember that one from when I taught PE thirteen years ago.  So off to Fry's to find technology to make my voice boom like a Rock Star!
 I got a Bluetooth speaker...with a lot of other cool things to it that I don't even know about.  So, I can play my music with my phone.  This is way awesome because I can  control the music from all over the gym
Once I leave the gym I loose my connection.....
 The speaker came with a stand...but I have to bring everything inside the office at the end of the day so it looks like the stand will become a hat rack.


And the cordless mic lets the kids know I'm in business!

The kids are amazed that my voice comes through the speaker.  They just stare at the speaker in awe that my voice comes through with the music.  Some of them try to talk back to the speaker and two have screamed into the speaker....

So no more yelling over kids voices, bouncing basketballs, or the screams of excitement while they run out all their energy.  My voice will be heard and the rhythm will come and getcha.....according to Gloria Estefan.

Now I need to find some Viatemense and Russian Pop songs appropriate for young students so my song list meets the cultural needs of my students.

This is what the music teacher had in her curriculum.  Though it does meet the cultural needs I think playing this traditional music will put the kids to sleep rather than pumping them up to exercise.


No comments:

Post a Comment