Thursday, June 5, 2014

Spanish 2 Direct Opbject Pronouns Review

Here we put the direct Object pronouns with: 
 
 Present tense verb
Preterite tense verb
 Tú affirmative command
Present Progressive

You call them.  (Present tense verb)

I am calling you.  (Present Progressive)

Call them!  (Command)

We wrote you.  (Preterite tense)
And so I have survived teaching my first year of Spanish 2.  I got all my kids (except one) to understand how to conjugate present tense verbs, irregular verbs, go verbs, stem changing verbs, reflexive verbs, preterite tense verbs, tú affirmative commands, and present progressive verb endings.

We spoke Spanish, listened in Spanish, read in Spanish and manipulated the Spanish.  Buy the end of the year I had kids asking me (by memory) ¿Puedo tener las galletas, Señorita L.?  This Spanish question came out of their mouths as fluently/automatic as it did in English during first semester.

I prefer to teach Spanish 1, but now I have a better understanding of this language and that is priceless.  I will always be grateful to my students for being patient with me while I fumbled at times with the curriculum, vocabulary, and pronunciation.  Especially first period, they had a joy that could melt away anybody's insecurities, forgiveness that erased anybody's faults, and a playfulness that would lift anybody's downcast mood.  ¡Qué tengas un buen día!

No comments:

Post a Comment