Thursday, December 26, 2013

Another stay at Skamania Lodge

This year the roads were open!

Got to see the 'vista house' lookout....used the new camera.

Taking the scenic highway to see all the different falls.

Mom and Dad all bundled up.

Multnomah falls...never gets old.

Tried a new hike this year.

I'm amazed how a tree can grow out of a rock.

Great dinner... not impressed with the camera.....the search continues.

Free S'mores!  No rain!  Once again, so cold the chocolate didn't melt.

Dad and I took advantage of the free bike rental to get breakfast in town.
Had another great visit at this lodge.  Heated pool, Jacuzzis, free champagne, free heated drinks in the lobby with games, Christmas tree, huge fire, gift shop with clearance, fireplace in the room and a river view.  It met the needs of all of us and more!  Highly recommend this place; even if you have to pay tax because your in Wash.  And now that I'm back home my fingers can start defrosting.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous photos! I think my mom said you're leaving on New Year's Eve? Then sadly we will just miss you since we arrive at 1pm that day. :-(

    ReplyDelete