Sunday, December 16, 2012

A fun day in Fort Worth

My cousins came from Houston and invited me to spend the day with them.  I wish my Aunt could have been with us because he was so adorable!  After the zoo we met my friend at Joe T. Garcia's for some Mexican food and then a visit to the Stockyards.  After saying our goodbyes to cousins, my friend and I went to the Botanical Gardens, Main Event for some bowling, and Red Robbin for a Sundae.  Great to be with family and friends on a beautiful, sunny, and activity filled day!

Cousins
Rhinoceros
Meerkat....so cute!
Don't remember....found in Australia.  
Unfortunately, didn't see these at the zoo, but at a store on the way to the stockyards. 
 I do not understand why someone would want a stuffed bear (pretending to attack you) in their house.....OK...maybe if you could put a coin in them and they sang and danced....

'Bare Necessities'

"Look for the bare necessities.
The simple bare necessities.
Forget about your worries and your strife.
I mean the bare necessities.
Old Mother Nature's recipes,
That brings the bare necessities of life."


Cattle Drive in Fort Worth....I thought they would have 50 cattle, My friend thought 15.....Yeah, I was WAY off.
Hard to see, but I love the 1/2 after the '8'.
Botanical Gardens....Sun was going down so we didn't have much time there....still pretty (and free!)

No comments:

Post a Comment