Monday, December 21, 2015

Gingerbread House and Cavities....bring in the new year.

My sister wasn't feeling well so I took on the huge task of helping the kiddos make a Gingerbread house.  This time someone else bought the kit and I will never use this kit ever again.  First,  you had to cute the box on the 'impossible to get to' dotted blue line.  Second, you had to ice the entire box before you could put any decorations on...we had frosting everywhere!  Third, because the frosting had to be thick to hide the writing on the box....which we don't even know how many dirty fingers have even come in contact with the box....(yuck!) the decorations were slipping down and off of the house.
 Each kid got a side.
 Frosting was everywhere!  Bodies, table, rug, shoes, decorations.....
 Kids seem to be having fun so I guess my stress didn't affect them that much.
 A lot of licking of fingers and eating decorations.



 And then I found these in the stash of decorations from the 70's since we were very frugal when decorating cookies as a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment