Monday, December 21, 2015

Christmas Tea

I'm finally able to be in town to attend and participate in the Christmas Tea at my church!  I signed up to decorate a table; realizing that my tea sets are packed but yet having a positive and creative attitude.  Another announcement was made that the speaker was going to be wearing an outfit from a foreign country and if we could do the same it would make the speaker feel more comfortable.

Well, how exciting for me....an international tea table.  This would be right up my alley with having local Hispanic stores in town.  Unfortunately, my table was labeled the 'kids table' and I didn't get the memo that we were suppose to decorate with a Christmas theme.


The kids did have the most fun at my table. The gift boxes and Mexican gum was very popular.  And I was very lucky the candles didn't set the pinata on fire.

A little holiday picture taking.
 A good Gramma hug.

And of course I was the only one who dressed up in original clothing from another country, except for the speaker.  This was my grandmother's dress that she bought in Mexico.  My mother just happened to have this hanging in her closet.  The highlights of the dress?  I didn't have to suck in and I could put as much cream in my tea as I wanted.
Next year hopefully, my tea sets will be unpacked and I'll be able to decorate a table for the grownups.

No comments:

Post a Comment