Saturday, May 16, 2015

Making a scrap-book holder to look like a Tea Shop

So I bought the pattern from Laura Dension's website in order to make this Tea Shop.  The pattern was confusing to me because I'm not good with seeing/comprehending numbers.  I prefer the videos but felt bad since the videos are free. 

I'm glad I made two different shops at the same time because I don't see myself ever making these again.  The measuring and working with numbers was very confusing and tiring for my brain.  Plus, it was very frustrating to measure a piece only for it not to match up with the other pieces.  And it's a good thing I didn't buy her kit because I went through double the amount of chip board than what was necessary because I read the numbers wrong.

One of my top window pieces doesn't look like her example on her web site because I glued it on wrong...then I had to problem solve in order for the window to be flush with the wall.

Here is the finished product.


This is the matching scrap-book to put inside.  I wish you could see the glitter I put on the paper to add a little bling.
 Us ladies go to tea every year, so I thought this would be a fun scrap-book to put all our pictures in.  Especially for my niece!
 The scrap-book is different than the one on Laura Denison's video because I didn't want to cut out a Tea Pot pattern from chip board.  Me and the Exacto Knife do not work well together.  I had many fingers with band aids on them after the cutting was done.

So this scrap-book is the Double Envelope pattern that is on Laura Denison's website.  I watched the video and used fun envelopes that were on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment