Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Closing early

School ended early and I'm brought back to the days of having Polanski day off when I lived in Chicago.  A day off that one else knows or cares about.  4th period they announced that we would be going home after 5th because of the bad storms heading our way.  Good luck trying to teach to kids when all they can think about is getting home to play video games.  Not the best planned storm when finals are one day away and we have a three day break after the first four finals.

5th period rolls around and I have my game face on....we are going to review Spanish.......even with all the insanity of texting parents, bringing younger siblings to my classroom and office announcements.  I was pleasantly surprised when the kids revealed my reputation had shined through...in the mist of dark clouds and the big word of the day 'tornado', I did not disappoint when I told them class was going to continue on.

A glorious shout out to the wonderful place where we have snow days; with no snow, late starts because of cold temperatures, and now half days filled with rain and some nice wind gusts.  I was tempted to do a little retail therapy but the much needed nap prevailed.


No comments:

Post a Comment